Dr. Anadel Barbour is an LMFT, an EMDR therapist, and the author of "Sex In Sobriety: A Study on How to Use Mindfulness to Enjoy Sober Sex." Following the unrest in the summer of 2020, she founded "BIPOC Minds Matter" to offer free EMDR training for BIPOC therapists.
Dr. Barbour's own childhood trauma, filled with poverty, neglect, failed careers, failed relationships, and addiction led her to this field. At age 40, with only a High School education, she began the journey. With the help from AA's 12 Steps, Spiritual teachers, and Mindfulness practices, she started her education and finally found her purpose: helping people heal their own trauma.
Dr. Anadel Barbour's book is titled "Sex in Sobriety: A Study on How to Use Mindfulness to Enjoy Sober Sex"
JOIN THE SHOW: Raise your hand on Clubhouse at https://clubhouse.com/@DrDrew to ask Dr. Drew anything!
Ask Dr. Drew is produced by @Kaleb Nation (https://kalebnation.com) and Susan Pinsky (http://twitter.com/firstladyoflove). This show is for entertainment and/or informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
• BLUE MICS - After more than 30 years in broadcasting, Dr. Drew's iconic voice has reached pristine clarity through Blue Microphones. But you don't need a fancy studio to sound great with Blue's lineup: ranging from high-quality USB mics like the Yeti, to studio-grade XLR mics like Dr. Drew's Blueberry. Find your best sound at https://drdrew.com/blue
• HYDRALYTE - "In my opinion, the best oral rehydration product on the market." Dr. Drew recommends Hydralyte's easy-to-use packets of fast-absorbing electrolytes. Learn more about Hydralyte and use DRDREW25 at checkout for a special discount at https://drdrew.com/hydralyte
• ELGATO - Every week, Dr. Drew broadcasts live shows from his home studio under soft, clean lighting from Elgato's Key Lights. From the control room, the producers manage Dr. Drew's streams with a Stream Deck XL, and ingest HD video with a Camlink 4K. Add a professional touch to your streams or Zoom calls with Elgato. See how Elgato's lights transformed Dr. Drew's set: https://drdrew.com/sponsors/elgato/
FOLLOW DR. DREW
• Website: https://drdrew.com
• Locals: https://drdrew.locals.com
• Clubhouse: https://clubhouse.com/@DrDrew
• Cameo: https://cameo.com/drdrew
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrDrew
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/drdrewpinsky
• TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@drdrew
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/drdrew
• Twitch: https://twitch.tv/drdrewtv
• Rumble: https://rumble.com/drdrew
• YouTube: https://youtube.com/drdrew
For over 30 years, Dr. Drew has answered questions and offered guidance to millions through popular shows like Celebrity Rehab (VH1), Dr. Drew On Call (HLN), Teen Mom OG (MTV), and the iconic radio show Loveline. Now, Dr. Drew is opening his phone lines to the world by streaming LIVE from his home studio. Watch all of Dr. Drew's latest shows at https://drdrew.tv.
Leah received a request for an Elvis song. This is her guitarist Bruce Kimmell performing “Blue Suede Shoes”.
Will qualify this a “Nashville Rehearsal” performance is why I included what I did at the beginning because I could hear her listening to it on her phone. With in mind, this is Lynagh performing an acoustic version of AC/DC’s “Back In Black”.
Lynagh performing (and yes I will go ahead and use their original name) Lady Antebellum’s “American Honey”.
I was going to come back and update this shit to what got posted but NAAAA!
Add to this Assholes!
FREE MOVIE OF THE DAYWE EVEN BITCHES**OVER
It is pronounced, The Hun'ch Fowar' Red Oktobahh ' TraBek!
"I'll chake, Based on Tom Clancy's bestseller, fourwa 1,000,000"
Directed by John McTiernan (Die Hard) and starring Sean Connery (That's right Tra Bek) and Alec "I Just FUCKED My Life Baldwin" ;
"The Hunt For Red October" seethes with high-tech excitement and sweats with the tension of men who hold Doomsday in their hands! Fuck Me!
It's a new technologically-superior Soviet nuclear sub, "The Red October"!! US Coast guard be like "He you guys got maintained records on this thing right?" I can't seem to find it on CarFax : / "Trust me Comrade!" ! WHAT! "Are you calling me on a cellular phone??? Prank Caller Prank Caller! is heading for the U.S. coast under the command of Captain Marko Ramius (Connery and for afternoon delight, TraBeck's MoM! it seems your Mum want to Ramius...
I filled up my car the day before the whole shortage thing happened @ $3.50/Ga. I had this nagging voice in my head for two days prior saying "Go get gas right now" .
I feel like Magnum P.I. with my little voice : )
We are ensconced now in NW WA, at My Big Brother’s (MBB) house.
Since my ‘Loretta Lynn’ story went over so well. I thought I’d post this one…
The day I met John Paul II
I get my chops busted for saying I met the Pope…
OK, so I didn’t shake his hand and say “How the hell are ya your Pontiff?”
We arrived a little late that day to the Pentagon. The CINC and I made the 40 mile commute up I95 everyday. It could take an hour, or three…
I missed roll call so I didn’t hear who the big wig was that was arriving. All I knew is I had to rush down to the 4th corridor entrance, ‘The Heliport’ for an ‘Arrival’.
When anyone semi-important arrives at the Pentagon, they get a reception. From only an undersecretary to a full blown Honor Guard with band.
Usually we did the receptions at the ‘River Entrance’. That side of the building had a nice grass lawn area, was across from LBJ Grove park, and a marina. So I was curious as to why, if this was someone important why were they coming in The Heliport entrance?